This 40-hour intensive training for dance educators builds on Level 1 and uses the Dancing Wheels foundational principles and training method as a framework for creative inquiry and advanced practice.
Participants re-contextualize traditional modes of dance partnering and dance-making within a physically integrated environment and hone skills in developing translations for intermediate-to-advanced physically integrated dance classes.
The Level 2 intensive provides continued and advanced certification training for dance educators in the Dancing Wheels methodology. Participants must have obtained a Level 1 Certification as a prerequisite to this program.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate and teach intermediate to advanced wheelchair dance techniques using the Dancing Wheels methodology.
- Create a lesson plan for an advanced dance class using Dancing Wheels methodology.
- Develop equitable criteria for student assessment in the physically integrated dance setting.
- Teach an advanced level dance class (in the genre of your choosing) using the Dancing Wheels methodology.
- Apply partnering techniques using the Dancing Wheels methodology.
- Apply advanced wheelchair dance techniques with regard to compositional structures.
- Translate an existing composition or create an original one using the DW Methodologies.
To receive certification, Level 2 participants are assessed on the established learning outcomes. Certification is for 3 years and would require recertification at 3-year intervals.
Tuition is $1,250
Discount package – $2,250 when Levels 1 and 2 are taken within a year.