This one-week intensive training is ideal for dance educators. Participants will learn how to apply the foundational principles of Dancing Wheels’ ground-breaking methodologies to incorporate physically integrated in their own dance practices.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Apply their knowledge to instruct students in the historical, social, cultural, and artistic context that surround disabilities.
- Apply their knowledge to instruct students in appropriate physically integrated dance terminology and protocols.
- Evaluate a dance training and performance space for accessibility and make/implement appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Gain a working knowledge of wheelchair mechanics related to various physical disabilities to teach students how to safely and artistically maneuver a wheelchair in a dance environment.
- Create a lesson plan for an inclusive dance class using the Dancing Wheels methodology.
- Teach a beginner-to-intermediate level dance class (in the genre of your choosing) using the Dancing Wheels methodology.
To receive certification, Level 1 participants are assessed on the established learning outcomes. Certification is for 3 years and would require recertification at 3 year intervals.
Tuition is $1,250.
The next Level 1 offering is July 8–12, 2024 in Cleveland, OH at the Dancing Wheels Studios.